- We carry out regular medical checkups for maintaining student’s health and for early detection of diseases.
- Medical checkups will be held with Kangbuk Samsung Hospital’s Total Health Care Center.
A student can get a medical checkup ONCE a year.
- Notices on student medical checkups will be on the university & Health Care Center’s bulletin boards.
Students who plan to get medical checkups must comply with the KDCA's guidelines for COVID-19.
It may be changed depending on the academic schedule and policy.
Schedule for Student Medical Checkup [2021 School year]
Prospective dormitory students & Current dormitory students
: Feb. 1st(Mon.) ~ Feb. 26th(Fri.) 14:00~16:00 (Except Sat. & Sun. & Holidays)
The whole university students (Not received on Feb. & Checkup fee payers): Mar. 2nd(Tue.) ~ Apr. 30th(Fri) (Except Sun. & Holidays)
Weekdays 14:00~16:00 / Saturday 10:00~11:30
In the 2021 school year, On-campus student medical check-up are not conducted, due to the current situation of COVID-19.
- Kangbuk Samsung Hospital’s Total Health Care Center
- Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Building B(previous. New Building) 2nd floor, Subway -Seodaemun Station, Exit 4
Subject to Checkup
- The whole university students (Bachelors and Graduate school) (Excluding completed students)
※ 2021 Freshmen(Bachelors&Graduate school) & 2021 Transfer Students: Checkup fee payers only
※ 2021 undergraduate freshmen: Available 2 days after tuition fee is paid
(Example: If you pay on February 9th, you can do checkup after February 15th.)
※ 2020 2nd semester undergraduate freshmen: Students who have paid for the Medical Checkup Fee and have not received the checkup
● 2021 Freshmen(Bachelors&Graduate school), 2021 Transfer Students : 26,000 KRW
● Among 2020-2nd semester undergraduate freshmen, students who have not paid the Checkup fee and students who have already received the checkup : 26,000 KRW
● Students paid before the 2020-1st semester : Free
- Afternoon checkup : do not eat or drink anything from the morning before the checkup
- You will be notified by personal email.
- If 'Agreed to access information' is obtained when preparing a statement, it can be checked in GLS. (three to five weeks after examination.)
|Radioactive Examination||X-ray||Chest PA||Lung-related Disease|
|Blood Examination||Liver Disease||AST/ALT||General Liver-function Examination|
|Hematologic Examination||WBC, RBC, Hgb, Hct, Cr||
|Tests for Hepatitis A||HAs Ab||Hepatitis A Antibodies|
|Tests for Hepatitis B||HBs Ag/Ab||Hepatitis B Antibodies, Antigen|
|Urine Examination||Urine Test||
|Nephritis, Disturbances of Metabolism, Diabetes|
|Physical Examination||Body Measurement||Height / Weight / Waist||Body fat percentage|
|Blood Pressure||Blood Pressure Examination||Hypertension, Hypotension|
|Ocular Measurement||Naked & Corrected Eyesight||Eyesight Check|
|Health Declaration||Mental Health||Mental Health Self-check||Depression, Anxiety|
|General Survey||Lifestyle Disease||Drinking, Smoking, Dietary Habit|
|Internal Medicine||Health Counseling, Basic Disease Care|
Preparation before Medical Checkup
- Avoid alcohol, overeating, and overworking 1 ~ 2 days before an examination for an accurate diagnosis.
Morning Checkup : do not eat or drink anything the midnight before your checkup.
Afternoon Checkup : do not eat or drink anything the morning before your checkup. Also avoid gum, cigarettes, and coffee.
- Hypotensive agent and medicines for heart disease (Antiarrhythmic agent) : You should take the medicines with some water in the morning.
- Diabetes cures (Insulin shot or medicine : Avoid taking them to prevent hypoglycemia.
- Do not get an X-ray if you are pregnant.
- Preparation Item : Proper ID card (ex. passport ...)
- Wear clothes that are easy to remove.
- Do not wear metal accessories.
- You may need to tie your hair when you get an X-ray, so prepare a hairband.